About Me

My photo
I'm Sian Pryce, a student at Wolverhampton Unversity, studying Graphic Communication.

Friday 27 April 2012

The front cover...


These are just designs I sketched for the front cover of my magazine. I wanted a big photo to cover the whole of the magazine and I also liked the look of it bleeding off the edges. I wanted to do something different with the title too, but wasn't quite sure what so I also experimented with that.


This is the first possible design for the front cover. I love the photo I've used on this one it's very dynamic and looks intriguing. The only thing that worries me is that it could look bit too much and busy with the combination of windows and writing.


My second design for the front cover is probably my favourite. I like the simple design, the photo I've used is brilliant and the angle i've put it on works well! I think i've achieved the 'difference' I wanted with the title, by not using a capital at the start and placing it in the left hand bottom corner, as this isn't where we usually read from. This is definitely my favourite but still think more can be done to improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment